Noodle-licious: Shang Noodle Cafe @ Seri Kembangan

  If you are a pan mee lover like me, trust me, Shang Noodle Cafe is meant for you. Not only that, their nasi lemak is one of the best you can find within Seri Kembangan area. The fried chicken that comes with the nasi lemak is just mind-blowing. Why? Continue to read the post below and you will know the reason.


Shang Noodle Cafe

  It was a Sunday night and my family were contemplating where to dine in again. It has always been a convention to our family that we will dine in a restaurant outside on every Sunday night because this is the only day where my mum gets a day off from cooking. As we were driving around the shop lots in Serdang on last week, we happened to discover a cafe named Shang Noodle Cafe. At first sight, I actually thought it was a newly opened vegetarian restaurant based on the shop's appearance. But when my dad decided to park the car and gave the cafe a try, I realized that I was ridiculously wrong about it, as the saying goes "do not judge a book by its cover". 


The cafe was bright and spacious.

  The interior of the cafe was very neat, simple and clean. The cozy and homey ambiance in the cafe that gives me a sense of tranquility. The cafe was pretty empty when my family and I first stepped inside of it, but as time goes by, the cafe was then filled with tons of people, which indicated that this cafe must be quite popular among the residents here.

Spicy Soup Pan Mee  (hand-pinched) with egg @ RM 9.90
★★★★☆

  Each of us ordered different types of dishes available on the menu to try them out. My brother who was a big fan of spicy food like me ordered a bowl of spicy soup pan mee with an extra egg. To be honest, pan mee is one of my favourite kind of noodles of all time and it is a popular noodle dish in Malaysia. I could never imagine my life without the existence of pan mee in the world. Every bowl of pan mee comes with a small plate of sambal (chili paste) and deep-fried crispy anchovies as a complement. Inside the bowl of the spicy soup pan mee, there were a fair amount of hand-pinched pan mee, fungus, tiny pieces of pickled mustard greens, fried bean curd, minced meat, sweet leaf vegetables (also known as "sayur manis" in Malay and "mani cai" in Chinese) and an extra egg. I would say the broth was very spicy that it truly packed a punch. For those who cannot take spicy food, do not order it because you will definitely regret your entire life. But for a spicy fan like me, I enjoy eating it very much even though I was sweating heavily while trying out the food inside the air-conditioned cafe. The noodles were incredibly smooth and silky that it can be a little bit hard to grip them with chopsticks sometimes. But if you're looking for paper-thin texture of noodles, sorry to say that, the pan mee here might not suits your palate because the noodles here are a little bit thicker and firmer.

Dry Pan Mee (thin noodles) with fish balls @ RM7.90
★★☆☆☆


  As for my dad, he decided to go for a bowl of normal dry pan mee (thin noodles) with fish balls because he always prefers the dry version over the soup version. Toppings of the dry pan mee consist of a generous amount of minced meat and vegetables. I would say there is nothing really special about it, it tasted just like any other dry pan mee. It was not bad, but not that good either. But the small bowl of soup that came with the bowl of noodles as complement had a mildly sweet flavour and I like it. The fishballs inside were springy yet it is soft and easy to chew. On a side note, the sambal was very spicy so do not put so much into the noodle if you are not a fan of spiciness.

XL Fried Chicken Drumstick Nasi Lemak @ RM 12.90
★★★

  While on the other hand, I ordered one of their signature dish here - XL fried chicken drumstick nasi lemak. I kid you not, the fried drumsticks are one of the best that I have eaten so far and I am not even exaggerating. They were very flavourful and you can tell that they were well-marinated. The skins of the drumsticks were extremely crunchy that every time you take a bite, it will make a "crack" sound inside of your mouth. And the meat on the inside was juicy, succulent and tender. I have to say the fried drumsticks were pretty mind-blowing. The sambal, however, tasted exactly the same sambal that came together with the noodles which I cannot help but felt a bit disappointing because I personally think that the sambal might be a perfect match for the noodles, but not so much for the nasi lemak.


Mixed Mee Hoon and Flat Noodles Soup @ RM7.90
★★

  As my mum was feeling under the weather that day, she ordered a bowl of mixed mee hoon (rice vermicelli) and flat noodles soup. There was a substantial amount of ingredients inside as well. It was a pretty simple dish but I have once again fallen for the broth. The clear broth was light and soothing that it tasted just like a home-cooked broth. 


Soup Dumplings @ RM 4.80 (per bowl)
★★★☆☆

  Additionally, we have also ordered two bowls of soup dumplings as side dishes. The skins of the dumplings were smooth and satiny. I have to say that the meat was cooked to the extent that it was very tender and soft. But for me, the fillings of the dumplings are lacking because there are only meat and some carrots. I was hoping that there will be some corianders and scallions inside but unfortunately, there is none. There are still rooms of improvements for the dumplings. Nevertheless, I am just solely expressing my thoughts and opinions about it, so do not take my words for it but come and try it out yourself because who knows you might have a different perspective with me.

  Generally speaking, the price for most of the dishes are affordable and cheaper than we expected them to be. I would highly recommend this cafe to people who are a huge fan of nasi lemak and pan mee because they really did steal the entire show among all of the dishes. Also, I really like their soup because it is easy to tell that their soup has been boiled with dried anchovies and chicken bones which results in the sweet, comforting taste.



Check out the full album of Shang Noodle Cafe at HERE.


Ratings:

Environment: 9/10
Food & Beverages: 8/10
Price: 7/10
Service: 8.5/10


Credits: https://www.facebook.com/shangnoodlecafe/

Facebook: Shang Noodle Cafe

Address: Jalan BS 1/1, Taman Bukit Serdang, Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

Contact Number: +60 3-8939 9929

** Closed on every Wednesday


5 comments:

  1. Wow the fried chicken and dumpling are surprising me, the sizes are big which I can hardly see from other restaurant. I always went to JoJo litle kitchen for pan mee, gonna try it next time as it's near my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these traditional Malaysia cuisines so much, certainly will try the nasi lemak and spicy pan mee. I love PEDAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love Nasi Lemak!! By the way I like the way you describe those foods, and those pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though carbohydrate makes me fat, but can't deny that my love for noodles is endless! Will definitely go for it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One word to describe the pan mee ----- DELICIOUS !!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.