Restaurant Xin Wong Xing @ Seri Kembangan

  What is better than having a bowl of steamy and spicy curry soup in a cold weather? If you are looking for one of the must-try curry soup in Seri Kembangan, Restaurant Xin Wong Xing is a place you can never miss out because their curry soup is just simply astonishing!

The restaurant is situated right at the bottom of the Red Ruby Shop Apartment.

  It was a chilly Friday night after a light rain drizzling in Seri Kembangan (SK), Malaysia. Whenever it was raining outside, it will always remind me of that one food that I cannot help but crave for it very much - a bowl of piping hot, steamy curry. To me, having to eat a bowl of curry is the BEST thing to do on a cold, frosty day. And of course, I am a person who loves to eat spicy food. All of my friends, even my family members would always laugh at me and said I could never live without the existence of spicy food. They even created a nickname for me, which is "Spicy Queen". I usually do not deny it because I think it is true.
😂

The Interior of The Restaurant

  Talking about curry, it reminds me of one of the Chinese restaurants that located just a few miles from my house, which is Restaurant Xin Wong Xing. The restaurant is very easy and simple to find because it is located right at the opposite of the basketball court and recreational park of Taman Universiti Indah. Do not worry, I will insert the exact address of the restaurant at the bottom of this blog. Be mindful that the restaurant is usually very crowded during peak hours like dinner time (6-9pm) because it is actually quite popular among the community here. No joke, the restaurant is actually my parent's favourite dinner place as well, especially my dad's. So if you are interested and wish to take a visit to the restaurant, I will advise you to avoid coming at peak hours unless you are willing to stand on the outside for around 30 minutes in order to wait for your turn.


Seafood Curry Soup @ RM38
★★★★

  However, today was my lucky day. My family and I arrived at roughly 7 pm and I thought we will have to wait on the outside and feed mosquitoes. To my surprise, there were not much people inside so we managed to find one table and settled ourselves down. As usual, my mum ordered us a bowl of seafood curry soup, and some of their signature dishes which I am going to introduce them one by one. So far, the curry was one of the best that I have tried around the neighbourhood. It was loaded with a variety of vegetables like long beans, aubergines, cabbages, and a sufficient amount of my favourite Taufu Pok (Tofu puff in English). All the seafood inside were very fresh, especially the prawns, they were springy and bouncy. The broth itself was slightly spicier, so if you are not a fan of spicy curry, then you might feel that the curry is a little bit too much for you. But if you are like me, an ultimate fan of spicy food, then this is a BOMB for you because the curry is like a spicy hug to your soul. The broth was not too creamy and not too watery, it was right in the middle. There was a right portion of milk and a little bit of coconut milk in the broth so that you would not find it to be too greasy.

Soy Sauce Steamed Fish @ RM 28
★★


  The next dish that we have ordered is their signature dish that is highly recommended by the restaurant owner's wife herself - soy sauce steamed fish. Trust me, it may look simple on the outside and it seems like there is nothing special about it, but apparently, it is not. The fish was topped with corianders and fried onions and it was very well-cooked. It was just shy of done where you can still feel the firmness of the fish. But, the main "protagonist" of this dish is none other than the soy sauce. The soy sauce was not too salty, and you can feel the fragrance of the sauce when you put it in your mouth together with the fish. Now I know why this is one of their signature dishes now.

Fried Sand Drill Fish @ RM40 (8 pieces) 
★★

 
Moving on the next dish which was the fried sand drill fish. Not going to lie, but it is pretty rare to find this dish in most of the restaurants because the sand drill fish is quite pricey and difficult to fry. Most people out there would just avoid ordering it. So for that reason, this is what makes this restaurant to be unique than the others. The fishes were very crispy to chew on the outside, but the meat inside was soft and tender. Even the bones on the inside were being fried to the extent that they are crunchy enough that you can easily bite them into pieces and swallow them. This dish actually gives me a homey taste and it brings back my memories because when I was young, my granny would always cook this dish for me because she knew how much I love this type of fish. 

  Overall, the price for some of the dishes of this restaurant could be a little bit exorbitant. However, the quality of all the food that was being served were undeniably good and they came in a large portion. I personally think that it is alright to dine in every once in awhile. Even though some of the dishes can be quite common and easy to find at other restaurants in SK, but this restaurant certainly did it much better for certain dishes.

Check out the full album of Restaurant Xin Wong Xing at HERE.



Ratings: 

Environment: 5/10
Food & Beverages: 8/10
Price: 6/10
Service: 7/10

Restaurant Xin Wong Xing

Address: A-G-1, Red Ruby Shop Apartment, Jalan Indah 2/4, Taman Universiti Indah, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia

Contact Number: +60 12-340 7573

** Closed on every Wednesday 



11 comments:

  1. Wow!I'm slobbering! Can't wait for your next recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this place and I miss steamed fish! 😋

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recommendation!Love your use of words when describing the foods:)Keep it up! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job. hope you will post more blogs soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job of this recommendation of this blog. Beside that your word which used in the blog is very good. Keep Going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to try it, it made my mouth drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your description makes the food tasty~ Thanks for recommendation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Insightful post and review! �� Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for the next recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a shame that me myself residing near the place haven't had a chance to try it before :/ definitely paying a visit very soon cuhs your reviews make them all so mouth-watering 🤤 Looking forward to your next post 😁 Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have tried this restaurant before. In love with their Nyonya style steamed fish.
    The curry fish make me drooling now... gonna try it next time when i visit. Thanks for your recommend :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.